Trek Chokequirao to Machupicchu 8 Days/7 Nights
A hike for the really good walkers!!! You have to cross 4 passes, the highest 4560m, do steep climbing and even walking downwards can be horrible.
Otherwise you have fabulous views at for example the Pumasillo massif, Salkantay, other snow peaks, deep canyons as Rio Blanco and Apurimac, you can see condors and meet very friendly people.
Highlight is your visit of the ruins of Choquequirao, also thought to be a ´lost city of the Incas´. Only since 1992 people are working and restoring here and very few visitors come, because of the remote area and difficult hike.
In this trekking, we will pass from the Inca City of Chokequirao to Machupicchu, we need good trekking conditions and some experience, we also will see the difference between the Apurimac Valley(Chokequirao), and the Urubamba Valley(Machupicchu), altitude levels, landscapes and the variety of Plants and Animals.
Price per person
Day 1 – CUSCO – CACHORA – PLAYA ROSALINA
At 4:00 am. We will pick up our customers from their hotels, then we will travel to Cachora (4 hours aprox., by our private van), once there(in Cachora), we will meet our muleteer and horses, there we will pack all our equipment in the horses, then we will begin to walk, the trail is flat until Chiquisca and then we will go uphill, passing through the high pass of Capuliyoc, from there, we will have a great view of the Apurimac Canyon. Finally we descend to playa Rosalina on the banks of the Apurimac River, the main tributary of the Amazon River. Campsite at 1,550 masl. Or 5,115 Ft.
Day 2 – PLAYA ROSALINA – CHOQUEQUIRAO
Early in the morning, we will have breakfast, then, we will start walking uphill through a long and narrow trail, arriving Chokequirao around 4pm, then, We will visit the Archaeological site with our guide. The view of the canyon is spectacular, it is also possible to see Andean Condors soaring in the mountains. Campsite(3050 masl. Or 11,055 ft.)
This day we will begin walking uphill for a while until be at 3,300 masl. Or 10,890 Ft, then we will descend until White River(1900 masl. Or 6,270 Ft.) On the way we will pass by Pinchiunuyoj archaeological site. There, we will observe different species of birds, different varieties of orquids, and local coca plantations (2,750 masl. Or 9075 Ft.), From Rio Blanco(White river), we will climb up to Maizal(3,000 masl. Or 9,900 Ft.) for about 3 hrs. Campsite.
Day 4 – MAIZAL – YANAMA
This morning, we will start walking uphill passing by the impressive Inca mines called Minas Victoria. Almost on the top, we can appreciate original paved Inca trails. We will pass over (4,150 masl. Or 13,695 Ft.) and finally descend to our campsite(3,800 masl. Or 12,540 Ft.).
Day 5 – YANAMA – TOTORA
After an early breakfast, we will start climbing slowly to our higher pass in all the trail (4,670 masl. Or 15,410 Ft.), again the view will be amazing from here, we will be surrounded by snowcapped mountains: The Sacsarayoj mountain and the Padreyoj mountain. Campsite at 3,630 masl. Or 11,979 Ft
On this day we will descend to the Totora river. As we go down the Natural life will be more interesting, with lots of hummingbirds, woodpeckers and many species of orchids and begonias. Campsite at 2,125masl. Or 7,012 Ft.
Day 7 – PLAYA – AGUAS CALIENTES
This day, we will walk to our last uphill, until 2,810 masl. Or 9,273 Ft., to arrive there, we will take around 3 hours; from here we will have an excellent view of the lost Inca’s city of Machu Picchu. After a good rest, we will go down to the Hydroelectric plant on the Urubamba River, from here, depending on the time, we will walk and/or take the train to Aguas Calientes, Night in a Hotel.
Day 8 – MACHU PICCHU FULL DAY – CUSCO
After breakfast we will take the bus to Machu Picchu, there, we will have a guided tour for all the Archaeological Site, then we will have free time to be by our own in Machupicchu, maybe to climb the Wayna Picchu. In the afternoon (At 4:00 pm.), we will take the train from Aguas Calientes back to Cusco arriving at 8 pm. Aprox.
• Professional Speaking English Guide
• Private Transportation until Cachora (The beginning of the Trail)
• All meals during the trek until arriving in Aguas Calientes (vegetarian options available, except the 1st Breakfast )
• Complete Camping Equipment (Double Occupancy tents, Dining Tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet tent)
• Tables and Chairs
• Horses, to carry all the equipment
• Extra horses for the clients in case of emergency
• Entrance Fees
• All transfers
• Tourist Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
• 1 Night in a 3* Hotel in Aguas Calientes breakfast included
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
• Personal sleeping Bag
• Bottle of Water(our cook won’t give us water until lunch time)
• Water Purification Tablets
• Original passport in a plastic bag
• Backpack and Daypack
• Hiking shoes or boots
• Raincoat or poncho
• Water bottle, flashlight, hat, sun block, sunglasses
• Warm clothes, Light clothes, 4 pairs of socks
• Insect repellent
• Tablets for the altitude Sickness(We can find it easy in the Cusco Pharmacies, we hardly recommended the Coramina)
• 06 Extra pairs of Socks(In case those get wet, all time is important have our feet warm and dry enough)
• Extra plastic bags, to maintain our equipment dry during the rain season
• Chocolates, candies or other snacks
• Photo Camera