Honda- Ulta Punta Olimpica 05 days/04 nights
Duration:05 days – 04 nights
Finish: Ulta -Carhuaz
Maximal elevation: 4890 masl
Highest Camp Site:4290 masl
Season recommended: May to Octuber
This eastern route is one of the most spectacular of the Cordillera Blanca. The graded dirt road begins in Carhuaz and follows the course of the Buin River, ascending through Ulta Valley to the pass at Punta Olímpica (4 890masl).
At the pass there is an excellent view to appreciate some snow capped peaks such as Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Contrahierbas, Chequiaraju and Ulta. We can make a short hike into the Ulta valley, where one can appreciate many kinds of wildflowers and local trees.
Day 01: Lima-Huaraz
bus trip from Lima to Huaraz (3,090 m) and transfer to hotel chosen
Day 02: Huaraz- Marcara-Juitush
start of the trek. We leave from Huaraz to the village of Marcara, from where we start eastwards through the village of Vicos. We then reach the trail that goes towards Portachuelo Honda Pass, where we will meet the donkeys and arrieros that will help carry the trekking gear. The start of the trek offers scenic views of the Honda Valley, and continues climbing towards Portachuelo- Honda Pass. After crossing the pass, we descend to the camping site Juitush.
Day 03: Juitush –Potaca .
we leave the camping site and start ascending following the Juitush valley towards the pass. The trail starts descending to Pataca valley where we make the second camp…
Day 04: Potaca-Ulta gorge.
we start climbing to Olimpica Pass, situated at 4890m, an excellent lookout point from where we can admire the snow capped Contrahierbas, Chopicalqui and Huascaran. From the pass, we descend to Ulta valley and camp at 4200m.
Day 05: Potaca-Ulta gorge.
From the campsite we trek towards Matara Valley, passing a lake. We return to the camp where the private tranbsportation will wait for us and take us back to Huaraz.
Note: Minimum 2 hikers.
– Transfer hotel – bus terminal
– 02 nights at the La Casa de Maruja B&B in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
– 03 days camping.
– Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
– first aid Kit
– Camping equipment (four season tent, dining tent, toilet, matrass and cooking tent and supplies)
– Mountain Cheff , specialized in high altitude cooking with Peruvian , international tasting and vegetarian meals
– Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg/ pp)
– More than 2 persons one horse for any emergency.
– Prívate car transport Huaraz / Vaqueria / Cashapampa / Huaraz
– Meals during the trekking (breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time, dinner) – The meal includes pankekes, fresh vegetables soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meats, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate and calories , which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, regular tea, coffee,etc
– Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
* Entrance fees in Cashapampa
* Entrance fees in Huaripampa.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
– Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
– Extra days
– Personal clothes and personal gear during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
– Sleeping-bag (-14C)
THE DURATION OF THE HIKE.
The camping place is flexible; it could be different place than we decided and it is according to the rhythm or experience of the hikers.
– The prices can change according to the date and number of persons, please contact us on this link for more information.
Lightweight walking shoes/sandals/socks/pants/short pants/T-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve)/sunglasses/sunscreen/plastic bags/warm sleeping bag /light weight trekking boots/wool socks/light weight treeking pants/waterproof pants and jacket/fleece/Goretex/hat/mits or warm gloves/thermal liners/camera/bandana or hat against sun/headlamp with extra batteries.
•Safety Individual gear:
Glacier glasses 100% UV with rigid case (2 pair recommended)/ goggles/ sunscreen with maximum protection/lipbalm/4 season sleeping bag/ sleeping pad or thermarest/hat/thermal underwear/fleece jacket/fleece pants/down jacket/Goretex jacket or similar material/2 pairs of gloves or mittens/ pair of thermal glove liners/2 pairs of thermal sock liners/plastic boots/gaiters.