Quillcayhuanca -Cojup- Ishinca & Aquilpo
Duration: 06 days-05 nights
Start: Quillcayhuanca gorge
Maximal elevation: 5300masl
Highest Camp Site: 4850masl
Season recommended: May to October
Six days, four valleys, three high passes! Join us the Hiking traverse over Ishinca glacier with crampons where the ice hits the rock, between cracks and open holes by the water. An amazing experience! No previous experience required just some fitness for hiking about 8 hours. This trek explores beautiful Cristal Blue Lakes, three panoramic high passes, and four spectacular valleys of Huascaran National Park: Akilpo, Ishinca, Cojup and Quillcayhuanca which definitely is the best valley in rainforest, very rich in local trees, wildflowers, Andean bird, bushes, mushrooms, moss and lichens
Day 1 Huaraz –Quillcayhuanca – Cuchillacocha Lake
Hike through wild Quillcayhuanca Valley, a remote stretch along a River marked by fir forests, vibrant pastures colored by blueberry bushes and rhododendrons, and views of the snow capped peaks with beautiful lakes. Also we are exploring the Pre-Inca Tambo Nuevo ruins. We spend the night at 4 500masl.
The day’s walk starts about steeply zigzag path, enjoying the Cuchillacocha Lake, which is situated on the base of Pucaranra and Chinchey Mountains. Then, we go uphill toward to Huapi pass (5 020masl), from where we will have one of the most spectacular views of Mountains such as Huapi, Pucaranra, Tullparaju, etc. Then we descend to Cojup valley to set up our tents at 4 350masl.
Day 3- Cojup – Perolcocha Lake
This is a short day but very steep. We start the day ascending to our next camp site which is situated on the moraine of Ranrapalca and Ishinca at 4 850masl. During the journey we are passing by small Lakes and enjoying beautiful landscapes.
Day 4-Perolcocha Lake – Ishinca Pass – Ishinca Base Camp
We continue steeply on a twisting climb toward the Ishinca pass. Skirting the Ranrapalca and Ishinca moraine we get the col, where we will begin use the crampons and the safety gears to traverse the Ishinca Pass which is like a small summit (5 300masl). This is a beautiful pass, where we can appreciate the turquoise Perolcocha Lake on the base of Ranrapalca; south of the lake, Huantsan Mountain; although far away, dominates the view along with Pucaranra , Palcaraju and Ishinca Mountain. Then we descend slowly over the Ishinca moraine. We spend the night in Ishinca Base Camp at 4 300masl
We start the day climbing steeply following a small trail which goes toward to Urus pass (5 050masl). The pass gives panoramic views surrounded by Vallunaraju, Ocshapalca, Ranrapalca, Ishinca, and Palcaraju Mountains. The other side is a magnificent view of Akilpo Lake, nestled between lofty snow-capped mountains (Akilpo and Tocllaraju). Then we descend by steeply trail toward to Akilpo Camp Site, where we spend the night at 4 300masl.
Day 6 -Akilpo valley – Honcopampa ruins – Huaraz
Our last day we start walking easily along the Akilpo valley, passing great vegetation predominated by Quenual forest. We are ending our trek visiting the Honcopampa ruins (3 400masl), where the vehicle will be waiting for us to go back to Huaraz
Note: Minimum 2 hikers.
– Transfer hotel – bus terminal
– 02 nights at the La Casa de Maruja B&B in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
– 03 days camping.
– Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
– first aid Kit
– Camping equipment (four season tent, dining tent, toilet, matrass and cooking tent and supplies)
– Mountain Cheff , specialized in high altitude cooking with Peruvian , international tasting and vegetarian meals
– Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg/ pp)
– More than 2 persons one horse for any emergency.
– Prívate car transport Huaraz / Vaqueria / Cashapampa / Huaraz
– Meals during the trekking (breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time, dinner) – The meal includes pankekes, fresh vegetables soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meats, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate and calories , which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, regular tea, coffee,etc
– Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
* Entrance fees in Cashapampa
* Entrance fees in Huaripampa.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
– Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
– Extra days
– Personal clothes and personal gear during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
– Sleeping-bag (-14C)
THE DURATION OF THE HIKE.
The camping place is flexible; it could be different place than we decided and it is according to the rhythm or experience of the hikers.
– The prices can change according to the date and number of persons, please contact us on this link for more information.
Lightweight walking shoes/sandals/socks/pants/short pants/T-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve)/sunglasses/sunscreen/plastic bags/warm sleeping bag /light weight trekking boots/wool socks/light weight treeking pants/waterproof pants and jacket/fleece/Goretex/hat/mits or warm gloves/thermal liners/camera/bandana or hat against sun/headlamp with extra batteries.
•Safety Individual gear:
Glacier glasses 100% UV with rigid case (2 pair recommended)/ goggles/ sunscreen with maximum protection/lipbalm/4 season sleeping bag/ sleeping pad or thermarest/hat/thermal underwear/fleece jacket/fleece pants/down jacket/Goretex jacket or similar material/2 pairs of gloves or mittens/ pair of thermal glove liners/2 pairs of thermal sock liners/plastic boots/gaiters.