Santa Cruz & 69 Lake
Duration: 05 days – 04 nights
Maximal elevation: 4 760masl
Highest Camp Site: 4 600masl
Season recommended: All the year.
Santa Cruz is one of the famous and popular treks to do in the White Mountain Range. This 05-day circuit, appreciating the Tropical’s highest peak on the World, Huascaran (6 768masl); the perfect white pyramid of Alpamayo (5,947m), often voted the world’s most beautiful and complemented by the beautiful hiking traverse to 69 Lake getting the trek in spectacular. The lake is situated on the base of Chacraraju and Pisco Mountain.
Day 1-Huaraz – Cashapampa – LLamacorral
We drive three hours to Cashapampa enjoying a pictures drive along the Callejon de Huaylas, passing through Carhuaz, Yungay and Caraz. From Cashapampa, we start the trek steeply then levels out, climbing steadily along Santa Cruz Valley on the true right bank of the river. After two hours the trail becomes gentler, making the walking easier and after two and a half hours, the extensive meadow area of LLamacoral is reached; this is the first night’s camp site (3 780masl).
Day 2- LLamacorral – Alpamayo Base Camp – Taullipampa
We will continue our trip along the floor of the valley, passing two beautiful lakes nestled below towering peaks of the Cordillera Blanca that sit in commanding position above Santa Cruz Valley. When we get the bottom of Santa Cruz Valley we start ascending in zigzag path toward to a beautiful viewpoint from where we will appreciate the South face of Alpamayo Mountain. Also we will have spectacular views to see some snow peaks such as: Quitaraju, Artesonraju,Caraz, etc. Is possible visit the Arhuaycocha Lake, it is optional. We spend the night in Taullipampa at 4 250masl, overlooked by Mount Taulliraju.
We start walking steeply following a zigzag trail to Punta Union pass at 4 750masl, below spectacular peaks and active glaciers such as Taulliraju, Rinrijirca, Pucahirca, Quitaraju, Artesonraju, Pirámide de Garcilazo, etc. Also we can appreciate the beautiful Taullicocha Lake. After reaching the pass we finally descend towards to Cachinapampa (3 680masl), where the camp will be set up. ). During the walk, we will be immersed in a rainforest, very rich in Quenual (polylepis), bushes, mushrooms, moss and lichens.
Day 4-Cachinapampa – Vaqueria – Morococha Lake
We walk easily going down along the Huaripampa valley, passing through farming settlements with spectacular views of Chacraraju Mountain. We descend to Collo Village to after begin climbing toward to our camp site which is situated beside the Morococha Lake at 4 600masl. During the way up we are enjoying beautiful views of Yanapaccha and the east face of Chopicalqui Mountain..
We start the day going uphill toward to LLanganuco pass (4 750masl). It is a fabulous high pass with superb panoramic views. Then we begin skirting the Yanapaccha moraine where we will make a break in a spectacular and panoramic viewpoint surrounded by imposing summits of Chopicalqui, the two Huascaran’s peaks, the four Huandoy’s peaks, the two Pisco’s peaks, Chacraraju and Yanapaccha peaks. We will descend to Demanda valley to after go uphill to 69 Lake (4 530masl), which is one of the most beautiful lakes in the White Mountain Range. We visit the lake to after descend to Cebollapampa (3 900masl), where the vehicle will be waiting for us to back to Huaraz.
Note: Minimum 2 hikers.
– Transfer hotel – bus terminal
– 02 nights at the La Casa de Maruja B&B in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
– 03 days camping.
– Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
– first aid Kit
– Camping equipment (four season tent, dining tent, toilet, matrass and cooking tent and supplies)
– Mountain Cheff , specialized in high altitude cooking with Peruvian , international tasting and vegetarian meals
– Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg/ pp)
– More than 2 persons one horse for any emergency.
– Prívate car transport Huaraz / Vaqueria / Cashapampa / Huaraz
– Meals during the trekking (breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time, dinner) – The meal includes pankekes, fresh vegetables soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meats, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate and calories , which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, regular tea, coffee,etc
– Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
* Entrance fees in Cashapampa
* Entrance fees in Huaripampa.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
– Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
– Extra days
– Personal clothes and personal gear during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
– Sleeping-bag (-14C)
THE DURATION OF THE HIKE.
The camping place is flexible; it could be different place than we decided and it is according to the rhythm or experience of the hikers.
– The prices can change according to the date and number of persons, please contact us on this link for more information.
Lightweight walking shoes/sandals/socks/pants/short pants/T-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve)/sunglasses/sunscreen/plastic bags/warm sleeping bag /light weight trekking boots/wool socks/light weight treeking pants/waterproof pants and jacket/fleece/Goretex/hat/mits or warm gloves/thermal liners/camera/bandana or hat against sun/headlamp with extra batteries.
•Safety Individual gear:
Glacier glasses 100% UV with rigid case (2 pair recommended)/ goggles/ sunscreen with maximum protection/lipbalm/4 season sleeping bag/ sleeping pad or thermarest/hat/thermal underwear/fleece jacket/fleece pants/down jacket/Goretex jacket or similar material/2 pairs of gloves or mittens/ pair of thermal glove liners/2 pairs of thermal sock liners/plastic boots/gaiters.