Trek-Olleros & Chavin
Duration:–03 days – 02 nights
Maximal elevation:4 700masl
Highest Camp Site: 4 120masl
Season recommended: May to October
A singular Pre Inca trail to know and to appreciate famous the famous city of Chavín de Huantar, is without a doubt, to arrive there walking. This trek is not too difficult and takes about three days. After leaving the Yanashayash pass (4.700masl), we will enter the Conchucos Valley and will descend to the archaeological complex of Chavin de Huantar, South America oldest and most advanced Pre-Inca civilization.
Day 1- Huaraz – Canrey Chico – Sacracancha
We leave from Huaraz toward to Canrey Chico village (3 350masl) from where we start walking easily, following an ancient Pre Inca pathway up wide Uquian valley gently gaining altitude. During the way we will have views of snow capped peaks of Shaqsha and Cashan. We set first camp in Sacracancha at 4 120.
Day 2-Sacracancha – Yanashallash Pass – Shoncopampa
We start the day going up to Yanashallash Pass (4 700masl). Way to the pass we are treated to close views of the glacier coming from Uruashraju and some small lakes on the valley below. Then we descend to our camp site following a zigzag path. Our camp site is in Shoncopampa at 3 850masl.
We continue our trekking going downhill passing by Andean villages. From the way we can already see the archeological complex of Chavin de Huantar. Then we get Chavin Ruins (3 140masl) to visit it and go back to Huaraz. Chavin Ruins was the largest pre-Inca site that has been restored with its impressive carved stonework and anthropomorphic figures and its labyrinth of underground passages. It is the oldest known pre-Columbian culture discovered known as Chavin-Kotosh.
Note: Minimum 2 hikers.
– Transfer hotel – bus terminal
– 02 nights at the La Casa de Maruja B&B in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
– 03 days camping.
– Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
– first aid Kit
– Camping equipment (four season tent, dining tent, toilet, matrass and cooking tent and supplies)
– Mountain Cheff , specialized in high altitude cooking with Peruvian , international tasting and vegetarian meals
– Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg/ pp)
– More than 2 persons one horse for any emergency.
– Prívate car transport Huaraz / Vaqueria / Cashapampa / Huaraz
– Meals during the trekking (breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time, dinner) – The meal includes pankekes, fresh vegetables soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meats, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate and calories , which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, regular tea, coffee,etc
– Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
* Entrance fees in Cashapampa
* Entrance fees in Huaripampa.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
– Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
– Extra days
– Personal clothes and personal gear during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
– Sleeping-bag (-14C)
THE DURATION OF THE HIKE.
The camping place is flexible; it could be different place than we decided and it is according to the rhythm or experience of the hikers.
– The prices can change according to the date and number of persons, please contact us on this link for more information.
Lightweight walking shoes/sandals/socks/pants/short pants/T-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve)/sunglasses/sunscreen/plastic bags/warm sleeping bag /light weight trekking boots/wool socks/light weight treeking pants/waterproof pants and jacket/fleece/Goretex/hat/mits or warm gloves/thermal liners/camera/bandana or hat against sun/headlamp with extra batteries.
•Safety Individual gear:
Glacier glasses 100% UV with rigid case (2 pair recommended)/ goggles/ sunscreen with maximum protection/lipbalm/4 season sleeping bag/ sleeping pad or thermarest/hat/thermal underwear/fleece jacket/fleece pants/down jacket/Goretex jacket or similar material/2 pairs of gloves or mittens/ pair of thermal glove liners/2 pairs of thermal sock liners/plastic boots/gaiters.